Monday 14 December 2009

Canadians in London Christmas Dinner!!

Good evening one and all!!

So, still playing catch up with my blog, but I will make it there!!! So, as I was saying this morning...last week..slight write off, especially come time the weekend....was very sick with sinus infection....anywho....over that...time to move on!!!

A week or so ago, Grant and Jessica and myself booked our NEW YEARS EVE Outing to PARIS!!!! Wooo hoo!!!! Fireworks by the Eiffel Tower??? I can deal with that!!!:):) We depart London on the 29th at about 10:30 pm...and are taking the long, but cheap way, so we will arrive on the 30th at 7 am!!! Sweeet!!!

This past weekend on Friday night, we went out for a fabulous dinner at the Angus Steak House in Leicester Square...very good meal, and decent prices....We went for Jenn's birthday with Greg, Jonny, and Arlene; great group of fellow Canadian Teachers!!! I have never in my life seen BBQ ribs so big as these were....the difference was they were beef ribs verses the pork ribs we are used too.....and MASSIVE!!! It was a really great night:) We came back to the housing then for a few drinks and hung out....as we read Ron Hamilton's blog....so funny!!!

On Saturday then during the day....gorgeous weather..... I met Jessica and Grant, and we made our way to the Winter Wonderland display on Hyde Park.....Yes...I thought the FERRIS WHEEL was the London Eye.....OOPS:) The set up was quite "unique"...if thats the proper word....There was equally as many witches, scarecrows, and haystacks, as there were Santas and snowmen....that was alittle weird to me....I actually felt like I was at The Great Northern Exhibition at home.....That being said though...alot of fun and alot of nice things I could have bought but refrained from doing so....:)

This past Saturday evening....December 12th, 2009.....Canadian's Christmas Party/Dinner!!! I knew this already....but finally having everyone together really made me realize how wonderful our group of Canadian teachers is here....just an absolutely amazing group of down to earth, fun, energetic, all around passionate people.....all with one main purpose....to inspire, teach and mold the minds of the future. It was truly a magical evening....five course meal for 13 pound in a really nice pub, and some of us participated in a 5 pound gift exchange as well. Great food, great conversation, fabulous pictures...fabulous evening!!! Some of us then proceeeded to go out to a few nice pubs after the dinner.....that in itself was just downright entertaining....had to have been there to experience that!!

Overall, amazing weekend...Sunday was more of a restful day so to speak....after a busy weekend, rest was much needed....although, I went back to Hyde Park and met up with another fellow teacher... Pheobe!!! We had the chance to tour Hyde Park, but with the lights and live music this time around....amazing though...the lights are quite wonderous!! As it started to cool right down, we headed home for the evening. However, shortly after I got home, I went to visit Grant and Jess, and watched the Muppets Christmas Carol!! Well....I was soo tired and comfy that I dozed off a few times during the movie....the weekend wore me out apparently! Overall, amazing weekend, and pictures are now on my facebook page! Have not figured out how to post them here yet! I will try though!!!

Cheers everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment